Saturday, February 28, 2009

"CHA-CHING"


Motivations from the Heart of
Paula Williams-Gaillard

I'll try to be as brief as I can because I need to catch the rest of my movie, but I am watching "The Stratton Story" (I love watching old black and white movies). The movie stars James Stewart who portrays a real life baseball player Monty Stratton aka "Country". To make this long story short :)...Monty arrives in California straight from the country (that's how he gets his nickname). As Monty is waiting to get his hair cut he notices a slot machine. (Now let me get this straight....this motivation is not intended to encourage anyone to gamble or gives a reason to go out and play the "one arm bandit")....God chooses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise!

Now back to the movie....Country is on a date and his date ask him what was making noise in his pocket (and I'm paraphrasing of course) but he said he decided to put quarters in the machine and after he put in his last quarter, he saw fruits and then the machine gave him all those other
quarters. CHA-CHING...Country...you hit the jackpot dude!

WOW! After I heard that I went into Spiritual mode...a parellel was made to the slot machine scene and Giving. See....when you Give....(especially when it's your last or when you are in need yourself)...you will produce Fruit....which results in Harvest!

God loves it when we Give! Giving not just our finances, but our time...talent and resources! When was the last time you shared an encouraging word with someone...or a smile? When was the last time you helped someone who was in need? I'm going there....but in the words of Janet Jackson...what have you done for me lately....in other words, what have you done lately for someone other than yourself?

It is my Prayer today that God opens your heart so you can be sensitive to the needs of others....whether it's financially.....giving emotional or Spiritual guidance and support...I Pray that you are willing and obedient to do what Holy Spirit wants you to do!

Luke 6:38 says: "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Can I hear you say....CHA-CHING!!!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged....
Love ya
Paula
© Copyright 2/28/09
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment