Thursday, February 19, 2009

"WOW"

Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard


"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."
Romans 8:28 (New Living Translation)

Last night my girlfriend PamS and I were talking and like times before, she inspired me to write a motivation! Let me ask.....have you said WOW lately?

As PamS and I shared the recent turns of events in our lives......we realized things happened and although they were drastic and sometimes painful....nevertheless....God turned those situations around and we look back at them and say……WOW that’s God!!

Some of you may recall, but a couple of years ago, I purchased a beautiful house! I loved that house! I knew it was our (me and the boys') gift from God but I couldn't understand (at that time) why I lost it. It wasn't until after James and I got married that I understood. See......had I not lost the house......I would have never left Goose Creek, South Carolina (yes, it's called Goose Creek), yet alone move to Atlanta!

I'm serious ya'll! That house was special to me. It was pretty....the dining room and kitchen were in my favorite color (lime green) and the living room was painted salmon. The back yard had a green house (which I knew nothing about maintaining) and the yard...I had a blast cutting my own grass and trimming the hedges! It was our first home...I LOVED it and putting it up for sale was NOT an option…no way Jose! When James and I started seriously discussing marriage and moving, he wasn't thrilled about moving back to South Carolina and I felt even if he did, he wasn't going to be happy there for long!

A couple of weeks ago my real estate agent called me (we had not spoken in almost a year). She couldn't believe I lost the house. I knew she was disappointed, however, when I told her I was married and had moved to Atlanta, Holy Spirit confirmed through her what I knew.....I had to lose the house in order to get where I am today.....WOW!

Last night, PamS and I continued discussing this thing happening and that happening, in the end...every trial...test....heartache....pain...struggle...after all we've gone through....we realized God's Hand was at work.....and all we could say was.....WOW!

Let me encourage you…no matter what....all things work together for the good! It may not look good...it may not feel good…..it may not sound good....but IT'S WORKING FOR YOUR GOOD! It is my Prayer today that you see and know...God causes everything to work together for your good! Trust God and never doubt........HE is working it out for you!!!!!

P.S.
Just as I am typing this motivation a friend sent an email and guess what it's entitled "WOW"...now talk about confirmation!!!!!

You are already Blessed.....so be Encouraged!

Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 2/19/09
All Rights Reserved
Email: fromtheheartofpaula@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. This is really great Cuz. We need to be reminded that every loss is not a bad loss and be grateful for God's infinite wisdom and plans for our future as Jeremiah 29:11 promises. Thank God that GOD KNOWS--cause if some of us were left alone with our own plans and devises... heaven help us!
    Kisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest WOW in my life was when we met on my mother's porch and forgivness reigned and ruled in my heart and yours "WOW" WE "WOW. I love you my wonderful dearest darling daughter dear.
    DAD (WOW)

    ReplyDelete