Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"No Greater Love"

Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard





"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up
His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to,
relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost)
but have eternal (everlasting) life." John 3:16 (Amplified)

Last Sunday as I watched "An Officer and A Gentleman", I got all choked up at the end when my name sake, Paula, is literally swept off her feet by her "knight in shining armour" (or should I say her knight in a white uniform)! As Paula is being whisked away, her girlfriend, who's love life didn't turn out good, hesitates but cheers her on and says, "way to go Paula"! I thought....WOW....that's love......Zack's love for Paula conquered all! Holy Spirit quickly brought me back to reality and reminded me of A GREATER LOVE...and that is, Jesus' Love!

Now, one might ask: what did I do to deserve His Love? The answer my dear....absolutely NOTHING! Romans 5:8 tells us "But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Jeremiah writes in Chapter 31 v.3 "The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

I rejoice in the Amplified version of I Chronicles 16:34 which says "O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever!" People fall in and out of love....but The Love of Jesus endures forever!

As we celebrate Valentine's Day let's remember John 15:13 "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." Jesus sacrificed His life so you and I can have Eternal Life....there's NO GREATER LOVE than that!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!!!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged....
Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 2/11/09
All Rights Reserved
Email:
fromtheheartofpaula@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment