Monday, February 9, 2009

"Lord....Use Me For Your Glory"


Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard

"If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the Master's use, and prepared unto every good work".
2 Timothy 2:21

Now...how many (and I'm including myself) but how many of us recall telling God, "Lord use me for Your Glory" and when He tries to, we find excuses or complain about how He does it? Well......let me be the first to admit my guilt! Just yesterday I was a little "bothered" because the coolant in our car spilled out. The coolant reservoir was damaged, therefore we needed to order another one. When I called the auto parts store, they didn't have any in stock but I was told if we waited, they would ship one, next day from their warehouse. I thought, what a bummer because I was ssssoooo used to driving to the train station instead of taking the bus!

Well, this morning when I got on the bus, the first thing the driver mentioned was she had not seen me in awhile. I told her since we have a car now, I drive to the train station. Well, to make a long story short, she and I started talking and it wasn't until then, that I knew why I had to take the bus! It was such a Blessing speaking with her and sharing my testimony which brought confirmation from God to her! (Now I wonder how many other people on the bus, who overheard our convesation, I'm wondering what impact our conversation made on their lives). See, I was only thinking of, in the words of Pastor Creflo Dollar, "the me-man". I was thinking about lil ole' me and how inconvenienced I was by having to take the bus. God wanted me there....at that moment....on that bus.....for a time such as today....to be used for HIS Glory and to HIS Honor!

I love the part in the text Scripture which says: "he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the Master's use and prepared unto every good work"! I Corinthians 6:13 tell us: "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." I had to get rid of my Burger King mentality....because I was not having it my way today! I was reminded that my body belongs to God! My hands, my feet....my mouth....everything I have...are...and will ever be....everything belongs to God! It is up to HIM and HIM alone who decides how HE wants to use me...HE decides when HE wants to use me....and with whom HE wants me to be a Blessing to!

Let me encourage you.......when you say "Lord use me", don't limit Him on how He should do it, when He should do it, or to whom He should! I watched Tyler Perry's "The Family That Preys" twice this weekend and both times, I was totally moved by Ms. Alice's kind-heart and Spiritual insight which enabled her to be a Blessing to the homeless man. That man, in turn was a God-sent because he gave her advice that made her a millionaire! You will never know the impact you can and will have on not only others, but for The Kingdom of God, if you are not willing to surrender...and humble yourself in order for God to use you!!!! It is my Prayer today that you let go.......and let God!!!!!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged....

Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 2/9/09
All Rights Reserved

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing to read this because literally yesterday my cousin and I were having this same discussion. She was sharing how she was over her best friend's house and since her friend got into a car accident two months ago the friend is totally miserable and takes a cab to the train station and from everyday because she refuses to take the bus. My cousin stated " I have a car but I don't care if I have to travel on the bus or train because you should consider that anything can go wrong with your car"; "Is it the end of the world when there's other means to get to your destination"? I had to agree and I added a footnote "That there is no excuse because there are people who are in wheelchairs who not only can't use their legs but sometimes lose use of their hands and will use their mouth to write or make use of it in any way they can to make things happen";"Here we are not bound to a wheelchair or bed for that matter and we want to make a big deal about walking, taking the bus or train". What would happen if we were a victim to these circumstances what we find to complain about next? I'm glad that the holy spirit was able to work through you and that God gave you the epiphany you needed to really be aware of what was going on. I am a part of your cousin's women's ministry and she has been a blessing to me and I hope that me sharing has been a blessing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my Sister for sharing! Sometimes we miss the mark! A lot of times we have to stop thinking about the "me-man" and consider that maybe.....whatever happened, happened for a reason....I'm often reminded about one of T.D. Jake's sermons...."nothing just happens"....
    everything happens for a purpose and a reason. We just have to get outside of ourselves and realize that hey..maybe I need to ride the bus so that I can meet someone and share a kind word or two, or maybe just to give someone a friendly smile! Just this morning I saw a woman standing alongside the street outside the train station....I knew I was supposed to stop and Bless her, but I walked passed. When I got to the corner, I couldn't step off the curb...I had to turn around and do what God wanted me to do! I was reminded that, that could have been me...just months ago my husband and I were faced with eviction papers because of a fire we had in our apartment. The owner wanted us to move out within 48 hours but we told them we had no place to go. Thank God for the court system so we had time working in our favour. I share that to say...we sometimes take things for granted, not realizing how truly Blessed we are! You be continually Encouraged my Sister and again, thanks for sharing! Love ya, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly welcome Paula and again thanks for taking the time to share your testimony and give us sisters new insight so that everyday we may grow closer in our relationship with the Lord. To God Be The Glory because this dialogue would not even exist if it weren't for him. It is my prayer that someone will always be encouraged and uplifted by your spiritual blogs. Stay blessed and remember "TO ALWAYS LIVE YOUR DREAMS"!!!
    Love,
    Gricel

    ReplyDelete