Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lions....And Tigers....And Bears...OH MY!!!


Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard

"But David said to Saul, "Your servant has been keeping his father's sheep. When a lion or a bear came and carried off a sheep from the flock, I went after it, struck it and rescued the sheep from its mouth. When it turned on me, I seized it by its hair, struck it and killed it. Your servant has killed both the lion and the bear; this uncircumcised Philistine will be like one of them, because he has defied the armies of the living God. The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." I Samuel 17:34-37 (International)

A couple of Sundays ago one of the Co-Pastors (Pastor Dave) at the Church we are attending (Victory Outreach Atlanta) taught on "repositioning" ourselves and in his message he referred to David's battles with a lion and a bear. The Pastor said something profound, he said that perhaps if David had not fought and conquered the lion and the bear,he may not have been prepared to stand up to Goliath. David spoke with confidence knowing not only the ability of God to deliver Goliath into his hands but he also knew what he was capable of doing! David might have only been a "ruddy youth" in Goliath's eyes but he had backbone and if you read about him, David was no joke!

A few days after hearing that message I woke up one morning laughing to a tune from The Wizard of Oz, lions....and tigers...and bears...oh my! Now, if memory serves me correctly, in that scene, Dorothy and the others are walking along the yellow brick road and as they are traveling along, they talk about facing lions, tigers and bears. They were frightful and skeptical in their journey,however, they somehow mustered up the courage....locked arms and in unison.....began singing and walking .....facing what they feared the most! Before long...they were singing louder and louder....skipping...without fear or trembling......along the yellow brick road!

I ask today, are there lions...and tigers and bears you are facing that are trying to hinder you from getting where God wants you to be or do? Are they holding you captive with doubt....fear......and unbelief? Are you allowing them to get you in shape..... or are you giving up and in to them? I'm reminded of the saying "don't sweat the small stuff"! We shouldn't worry about the little things because perhaps they are the very things that prepare and prep us for the giants that may come our way!

The sport of boxing is a good example (Thank you Holy Ghost)! A boxer, before a main event, works out in the ring with a sparing partner. He gets to beat up on that person....strategizing and building up his strength and endurance so when the main event or the giant comes along, he'll be in shape....and if he's anything like Muhammed Ali was....he'll also build up enough confidence in his own abilities to talk "you know what"!

I look back over my personal experiences and realize now that had I not gone through those things.....I would not have been able to handle what I consider a recent giant in my life! As I faced each challenge.....I relied and trusted more and more and more.....on The Word of God! See, those challenges (the lions, tigers and bears....the small stuff) they were "Faith" builders for me! I grew stronger.......and stronger...and stronger.....because of The Word of God!

When it was time for me to face "the giant", I was not only reminded where God brought me from and how He delivered me, time.....after time.... and after time again, but because I had so much Word in me and around me to stand on, I was like Minister "C" says, "10ft and bullet proof"! I confessed God's Word and slew that ole giant! HALLELUJAH.........I FEEL LIKE SHOUTIN'!!!!

It is my Prayer for you today that you "don't sweat the small stuff"! Allow each challenge, each obstacle,
every lion, every tiger....every bear that you face....allow them to build strength and confidence in God's ability to do a "good work" through you and in you! Know no matter what you face.......in the end......you will confess like David....."The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear.....DELIVERED me from the hand of this Philistine."

Remember you are already Blessed........so be Encouraged!
Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 12/11/2008
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. Oh Paula, this was very inspirational, God Bless an AMEN !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete