Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Persevere"


Photo by: CrosstownGFX@photobucket.com




Motivations from the Heart of
Paula Williams-Gaillard


Okay I'll piggy back or as they say.....expound on The Word my cousin Minister LaKisha texted today:

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the Will of God, you will receive what He has promised." Hebrews 10:36 (NIV)

Dictionary meaning of per·se·vere (pûr s -vîr ): To persist in or remain constant to a purpose, idea, or task in the face of obstacles or discouragement.

When I look at the word persevere...for me....it's not only a challenge to spell it…...but to actually carry out its meaning…....well that's 100 times more challenging....especially in the midst of a crisis....obstacle or discouragement!

I remember after I went to my Daddy and asked for forgiveness........I asked him how did he do it....how did he get through all those years knowing that his very own knuckle head daughter......(that’s me talking)who lived one bridge away from him....how did he make it knowing I shut him out of my life? Well my loving and forgiving Daddy said......."I always knew one day you would come around." DADDY….that was more than one day….that was 42 YEARS!!!! Talk about persevering!!!! Thank God for Jesus in his life because my Daddy remained constant in his Prayers and thoughts that one day I would come around! Every time Daddy answers my phone calls…..the first thing he says is “hello my Dearest Darling Daughter”…….you should see my face when he says that…..I light up like a barn fire!!!


Meditate on this: "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in Heaven give good things to them that ask Him?" Matthew 7:11

People of God....I know today some of you might be facing challenges.....obstacles or discouraging situations….....or even rejection……PERSEVERE! REMAIN CONSTANT IN THAT PURPOSE……IDEA OR TASK HOWEVER DIFFICULT IT MAY BE……REMAIN CONSTANT BY STANDING AND SPEAKING THE WORD OF GOD….FOCUS ON HIS PROMISES……CONFESS HIS PROMISES…..REMAIN STEADFAST….DON’T WAIVER…..REMAIN CONSTANT IN HOPE….ALTHOUGH YOUR SITUATION MAY SEEM IMPOSSIBLE…..REMEMBER WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE…. DO NOT BECOME WEARY….DO NOT FAINT….. ..YOU WILL REAP IF YOU FAINT NOT…..YOU WILL INHERIT THE PROMISES OF GOD…….. YES THAT SITUATION HURTS…..YES THAT SITUATION STINKS WORSE THAN LAZARUS DID 3 DAYS IN THE GRAVE…..BUT PERSEVERE ANYHOW……….LET PATIENCE HAVE IT’S PERFECT WORK IN YOU….GOD HAS A PLAN AND PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE……GO WIT THE FLOW…… STICK IT OUT……GOD IS SO FAITHFUL AND HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH…..YOU ALREADY KNOW ALL THINGS ARE WORKING TOGETHER FOR YOUR GOOD…SO ALLOW GOD TO BE GLORIFIED IN YOUR SITUATION….LET HIS WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN….PERSEVERE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS…..PERSEVERE!!!!!

Thanks Minister LaKisha for The Word!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged……
Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 3/1/11

All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment