Thursday, February 24, 2011

"Holy Spirit To The Rescue"

Motivations from the Heart of
Paula Williams-Gaillard


Photo by: Motherfirefly@photobucket.com

"But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My Name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

I couldn't believe my little child.....Quanny Quan was about to leave the project home that I....oh no I mean.....WE.....worked so hard to complete! I wonder about kids sometimes....particularly this child.....are all of them so easily distracted......were we like this this when were were children? Doesn't he realize we will not always be around to remind of him what he has to do? Every day my husband and I have to remind him of things that should be routine.....take out the garbage Quan....clean your bathroom every weekend Quan....make sure your clothes are ironed for the week Quan.....QUan...QUAn...QUAN...all of that gets a little old.....not to mention exhausting at times! Maybe we should have a recording or place post it notes all around the house to remind him....you think that will help.......probably NOT!!!

Even after I placed the poster on his bed.....OH MY GOODNESS....I still had to remind the little boy to get his project before he came downstairs....then here's my husband....adding fuel to my simmering fire....."if you didn't remind him....he would have left the project home".....not on my watch dude.......it wasn't funny, however.....instead of blowing a gasket.....I just had to laugh to myself!

Well I didn't laugh for long because Holy Spirit quickly reminded me....."It's no different from what I do for you"! Who did I think I was....actin' like I'm so ever mindful of things......like I didn't or don't make mistakes and mess up....like my Heavenly Father doesn't have to remind me of what I've done or is doing wrong.......like He doesn't take me to His Word and reminds me of the error of my ways.....the nerve of me......"Ms. Good Little Christian"!!!! WOW!

Here are 3 Themes I found on Sermoncentral.com written by Paul Fritz regarding roles Holy Spirit takes on in the lives of Spirit filled Believers:

1. Acts 8:4-8

Theme - Holy Spirit shows His power through the reproof, correction, teaching, and training with the Scriptures.

Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and infuses into it powerful messages to its hearers. Holy Spirit miraculously changes the way we look at people. He gives us discerning eyes to see past the superficial actions of people.

2. 2 Corinthians 4:1-6
Theme - Holy Spirit’s Ministry not only involves communication skills, but confrontational ones as well.

Holy Spirit is the one who can convincingly challenge people with sin, Righteousness, and judgment. Since the devil is smarter than any man, it is futile to try to outwit him. Instead, Holy Spirit gives us the Power to overcome the devil and his tricks if we will only use it.

3. John 16:8-11
Theme - Holy Spirit acts as a Prosecuting Attorney convicting all of sin

Holy Spirit discloses to every person, their errors, shortcomings, and sins of omissions . Holy Spirit makes it clear there is gap between people’s realities and the ideals found in Christ. He points out inconsistencies between their words and their actions. By convincing the world of the Righteousness found in Christ, Holy Spirit warns people of the impending judgment awaiting those who reject the Truth. As a Prosecuting Attorney, Holy Spirit exposes incriminating evidence against everyone for wrong words, emotions, and actions. He uncovers hidden thoughts of anger, jealousy, and covetousness. Each person’s conscience is pricked in areas that are sensitive to guilt, shame, and fear of punishment.

Here's a nugget.....free of charge......

2 Cor. 2:14-17

Theme -Holy Spirits gives Christians attractive powers.

Holy Spirit controls our lives. He produces Fruits that draw others to us. By arousing interest through the Fruit of Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, and Self-Control, He produces a desire in others to know Jesus Christ better. Constrained by the beauty of Jesus shining through Spirit filled Believers, thousands have come to Salvation through another’s life testimony.

People of God......just as we are to nurture.....teach and train our children in the way they should go........Holy Spirit nurtures us....trains us and corrects us if need be in the way we ought to go in The Lord......SO DON'T DESPISE THE CHASTENING OF THE LORD.....DON'T GIVE UP WHEN WE ARE REBUKED......GOD LOVES US......THAT'S WHY HE SENT HIS SON JESUS AND HOLY SPIRIT.......THEY WORK HAND IN HAND....TO MOLD US......CONFORM AND TRANSFORM US INTO THE LIKENESS OF CHRIST....DON'T DEPISE IT....JUST ENDURE IT....IF HE DIDN'T LOVE US HE'D JUST LET US STAY STUCK IN OUR MESS......WE ARE HIS CHILDREN.....WHOM HE LOVES HE CHASTENS........IT'S PROFITABLE FOR US BECAUSE IN THE END....IF WE FAINT NOT.....WE WILL YIELD THE FRUIT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS...HOLY SPIRIT IS HERE TO HELP US...HE'S HERE....HE'S HERE...HOLY SPIRIT TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged....
Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 2/24/11
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment