Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Shake Off The Dust Off Your Feet"


Motivations from the Heart of
Paula Williams-Gaillard

Photo by: cellphonechick@photobucket.com

Now I wasn't going to write about that experience but guess what....when I opened my Bible this morning....I went straight to Acts 13:50-52 which says: "But the Jews stirred up the devout women of high rank and the outstanding men of the town, and instigated persecution against Paul and Barnabas and drove them out of their boundaries. But [the Apostles] shook off the dust from their feet against them and went to Iconium. And the Disciples were continually filled [throughout their souls] with joy and the Holy Spirit."

I'd like to share my reply to Pastor Washington in regards to the email below:

This is so on point because this morning I rec'd an email from someone who requested I take her off my mailing list.....well....the flesh side of me was hurt because I don't understand why she made such a request.....I believe the enemy wanted me to doubt....wanted me to second guess...if you will....my Gift that God has given....I Prayed and asked Holy Spirit to speak to me.....and I did what you said...a self inventory.....to see if there was something I did wrong or did I offend Holy Spirit or anyone else.

Well....when I read your email, I realize more now than then.....my Gift will not always be appreciated by everyone.....not that I'm comparing myself to the equal of Jesus....but even Jesus was rejected......some wanted to receive Him and some didn't.....He didn't allow offense to take root.......I know Pastor Washington when I write.....I write under the direction of Holy Spirit.....many times I've questioned my style of writing but then more and more Holy Spirit reminds me that it's MY Gift.....however different it is from others....IT'S MINE!!! God gave it to me this way...and this is how He wants me to operate in it....no....I may not write like you....and I may not write like the next person.....but God has given me my Gift......just as you stated.......people are not my priority...God is.....and if I don't get my eyes off man and continue to look to God who is the Author and Finisher of my Faith....then my Gift will not make room for me.......I will continue to use my Gift to His Honor and for His Glory!!!

People of God......not everyone can appreciate or will accept your Gift or Calling! STOP TRYING TO PLEASE PEOPLE....CONTINUE TO WALK IN THE GIFT AND CALLING GOD HAS GRACIOUSLY BESTOWED UPON YOU.....LET YOUR GIFT MAKE ROOM FOR YOU....CONTINUE TO WALK IN JOY.....LET NO MAN STEAL YOUR JOY....CONTINUE TO ALLOW HOLY SPIRIT TO LEAD...GUIDE AND DIRECT YOU....YOUR GIFT WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU......SOME REJECTED JESUS....SOME WILL REJECT YOU....CONTINUE TO WALK IN RIGHTEOUSNESS....CONTINUE TO LET YOUR LIGHT SO SHINE.....THERE WILL ALWAYS BE DESPISERS.....PLAYA HATERS IF YOU WILL....STAND FAST AND CONTINUE IN THE GRACE OF GOD....WHATEVER YOU DO...DO IT UNTO THE LORD AND NOT AS MEN PLEASERS...YOU CAN EITHER USE IT....OR LOOSE IT.......DON'T TRIP......SHAKE OFF THE DUST OFF YOUR FEET.......AND MOVE ON!!!!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged.....
Love ya,
Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment