Monday, March 16, 2009

"SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LAUGH"

Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard


I wrote this Motivation about 1 1/2 years ago however Holy Spirit said today "post this one"!

During this time in my life, I really didn't know how I was going to make it! This was days before I had to move out my house, the car I was driving was a loaner from my brother, my son brought home F's on his schoolwork and the enemy wanted me to think everything around me was falling apart!

Now I look back and no longer wonder how I got over, but I give God ALL The Glory and ALL the Praise for what HE has done! I Pray this Blesses and encourages you!


11/15/2007

Wow..........what a morning! Now, I'm going to be a little transparent (like I haven't always been) but this morning was one of those morning! This morning I stopped at the gas station. I left my son (he's 10 years old) in the car and went inside to pay for the gas........nothing unusual about that right?

Well....when I got back to the car I noticed the back door was opened and guess what.......my son was not in the car! I saw my bag, his book bag...but no child!

Now picture this scene.......I walked to the car, looked in the car, under the car and all around the car.........I looked here, there and everywhere. I felt like I was being whirled around by a whirlwind! I turned around so fast and so many times, I made myself dizzy!

A young man who was at the pump next to me must have heard the terror in my voice as I screamed "has anyone seen my son"........OH MY...........the adrenaline was truly flowing now.........I felt my stomach knot up......the young man told me he saw a kid go into the store. Now, I had just left out of the store and I was right there near the door so I thought.....no way, he couldn't be in the store!

I ran back into the store and there he was..........walking from the back of the store like he didn't have a care in the world! My Little Prophet........my #2 Child..........my last birdie in the nest........who....in his little Sanctified mind decided he had a question....and because he obviously felt it couldn't wait ....he decided to come in the store and not tell me he's in the store. I should have seen him, but I guess I couldn't because I was busy at the register counting ALL my change to pay for the gas!

Well y'all can imagine the next scene, I started yelling and screaming! The poor child....I scared him more than he had scared me......LOL...anyhow......we got into the car and after the rush of emotions........the stream or should I say, rivers of tears began to flow! We both were boohooing....wait a minute....why in the world was he crying? LOL To calm both of us down, we Prayed! I then dropped him off to school and headed on to work!

As I was driving into work (still crying).....the enemy sought opportunity and tried to use this moment of weakness to really dump things on me........he started me thinking about my finances, the house, the "F's" my child showed me on his schoolwork this morning and he (satan) wanted me to believe God was not going to deliver me from my afflictions and that God turned His back on me. Let the Church say............"the devil is a liar" because just at that moment Holy Spirit stepped in and gave me "A Word".....they were:

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed."
(II Corinthians 4:8-9)

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
(Philippians 4:8)

Proverbs 24:16 says, "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again".........I fought back against satan's attacks in my thoughts! I spoke to satan and told him that I might be down right now....BUT PRAISE GOD I'M NOT OUT.....WHY....because when he (satan) comes in like a flood...... God lifts up a standard!!!!! Holy Spirit interceeded on my behalf and I fought with The Sword.......The Word of God!!!!!!!

I started thinking about how funny I must have looked spinning around in the parking lot.......all I could do was laugh! I then went a step further and started laughing at satan. I laughed at my circumstances and reminded them and myself that I can't be moved by what I see...........no matter what! God is with me and Greater is He who is in me...........than he (satan) who is against me!!!

Let me tell you.......sometimes all we can do is laugh! No...what I'm going through doesn't feel good and yes, I cry sometimes but I know....God is my very present Help in every situation and no matter what I am going through..........HE will work it ALL out for my good........I HAVE TO TRUST HIM.....AND YOU MUST TOO!!!!!!!

Remember: A merry heart does good like a medicine.......laugh a little!!!!!

Prayer for this day.........Father Thank You for a merry heart and for Your Word that Promises You will deliver me from all my afflictions.....in Jesus' Name I Pray........Amen!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged.....
Paula
© Copyright 11/15/2007
All Rights Reserved
B.T.W.
In case you are wondering what the IMPORTANT question was my son had to ask......well......my Little Prophet wanted to know (I guess he didn't feel it in his spirit) but he wanted to know what to do with the papers he took out of his Wednesday-Take-Home-Folder.....yes you heard me...he wanted to know what to do with the papers. What in the world did the little boy think I wanted him to do with papers that had more F's than the word fefifofum......that alone was enough to make me laugh!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment