Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"A MOUNTAINTOP ENCOUNTER"

Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard

A co-worker, when she steps out the office, uses code words to let me know when she’s leaving. She’ll either say “I’m going to the other side, I’m going to the mountains” or she’ll just come straight out and say “I’m going to lunch”. Well, this morning she informed me another co-worker was out of the office, so she said “she crossed over to the other side and is experiencing a mountaintop experience”. I laughed and responded by saying “it’s a nice thing to have a mountaintop experience…..you come back refreshed, lighter”…she added…”yes, like new”! WOW….I told her she gave me something to write about!

I’m sure we all are familiar with Dr. Martin Luther King’s speech “I’ve Been To The Mountaintop” in which he says: “Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the Promised Land!” WOW!

When I think about what it means to cross over or have a mountaintop encounter with Christ…..what AWESOME…AWESOME experiences! Can you imagine how Moses felt when he and the Children of Israel crossed over the Red Sea and when Moses went up to Mount Sinai or Abraham’s encounter at Mount Moriah? Let’s not forget Jesus’ encounters on mountaintops! When I researched the details of Jesus, I found out that he had 6 mountaintop encounters! WOW!

The church my family and I are attending had a Guest Pastor speak from the Victory Outreach in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Pastor Joey Del Rio started the weekend off with a message Friday night entitled “Having A Face To Face Encounter With Christ”! WOW…what a word!

Yesterday’s encounter which I described in “Set It Off’, left me feeling like I had a mountaintop encounter! There’s nothing more…..and I’m trying to come up with the right word……..but there’s nothing…..NOTHING…..NOTHING like a mountaintop encounter with Christ! I also wrote another motivation that talked about being in The Presence of The Lord! See….in The Presence of The Lord…there’s fullness of Joy and at His right hand there are pleasures evermore! Psalm 16:11

Being in The Presence of The Lord brings change….BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD BREAKS YOKES….LOOSENS SHACKLES…OH…IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD SATAN CAN’T DWELL! IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD HEALING TAKES PLACE…IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD LOVE ABIDES….THINGS BEGIN TO HAPPEN AND YOU MAY GO IN ONE WAY BUT YOU'LL LEAVE OUT ANOTHER.....CHANGED....WHOLE...RENEWED……REFRESHED AND RESTORED! OH THERE IS NOTHING LIKE BEING IN THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD! WOW!

It is my Prayer today that you stay in The Presence of The Lord! I Pray every experience you have with Christ takes you, as it says in II Corinthians 3:18, "FROM GLORY TO GLORY"!!!! I Pray you realize there’s no better choice than the one you’ve made or could ever make....and that is.....choosing to CROSS OVER AND FOLLOW JESUS!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged,

Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 3/4/09
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment