Friday, April 10, 2009

"Get The Junk Out Your Drawer"


Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard


"And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles." Mark 2:2

Time was of the essence for me today, however, I just couldn't leave out this house to meet a couple of visiting New Lifers (from my previous church) for brunch until I reorganized, or should I say, cleaned off the dresser in our bedroom.

Now my husband and I are pretty organized, however we allowed junk mail and papers to accumulate, not to mention my jewerly which were scattered all over the dresser.

Well, after I sifted through the clutter of junk mail, jewerly and other papers, I threw out some things but the majority I kept. The only difference was I moved the junk from one place to another......thus creating yet another junk drawer!

After I finished, I had a few minutes to spare so I peeked on Facebook to see what was going on. I noticed a note from one of my girlfriends to someone else which said "Never live in the past just learn from it". WOW! That tied right into what I heard in my spirit after I cleaned off the dresser....why do we hang on to things (junk) we know we need to get rid of?

What junk are you allowing to accumulate in your heart? What junk or things have you chosen to keep instead of getting rid of? Many of us have stored "things" in our drawer......meaning our hearts we KNOW we really need to get rid of! "Things" can cause us to miss out on our Blessings! "Things" like past hurts, past pains, past failures, past relationships, habits.....these "things" not only block our Blessings but they prevent us from moving forward!

Let me encourage you today to get rid of stinkin' thinkin'! Let go of the past! Stop feeling sorry for yourself because of something you didn't do or did; or something someone did or didn't do 10-20 years ago! Get rid of the "I woulda, I coulda, I shoulda", "ho-hum", why me, "fuzzy wuzzy was a bear" syndrome!

Paul says in Philippians 3:13-14 "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

The trunk isn't the only place some store junk.....get rid of the junk in your heart......'cause God can't Bless in no mess!

Prayer for you today...create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.....in Jesus Name I Pray ....Amen!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged,

Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 4/10/09
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment