Monday, May 4, 2009

"It Ain't Over Just Because You Say It's Over...Quitting Is Not An Option"

Motivations from the Heart of Paula Williams-Gaillard


As a child I couldn't stand to be tickled. It didn't take much, but sometimes I'd try to play hardball and pretend like I could hang, but after a few minutes and a full bladder, I threw in the towel and yelled, "I give, I give"! I gave up!

This weekend my husband and I watched "The Great Debaters", a true story about debaters from a small black college, Wiley College in Texas, who, after winning against Harvard, went on to become National Champions for 10 years. I was so inspired by the young debater's tenacity and will power not to give up or give in! Even in the midst of adversities and racial injustice, giving up was not an option for them!

Pastor Jerome (Victory Outreach) said in his message Sunday, and I believe his exact words were, "don't be blown away when the devil shows up, that's his job"! Pastor made reference to II Corinthians 2:11 which says, "Lest satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." Pastor Jerome also pointed out 3 oppositions satan brings: 1. opposition to The Word of God. 2. opposition to the Work of God and 3. opposition to God's Divine Design.

According to John 10:10 satan's job description is to "kill, steal and destroy" nevertheless, I Peter 5:8 gives us a heads up and forewarns us to "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". So why do we start trippin' when satan shows up to his job everyday?

There's a song that says "It ain't over until God says it's over"! People of God, the battle is not ours, it's The Lord's! Giving up is not an option!!!!!

Paul reminds us in I Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord." Paul didn't say back down, give in or give up, he said be STEDFAST, UNMOVEABLE, ALWAYS ABOUNDING!

It is my Prayer today you be stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in Christ! Come hell or high water, DON'T GIVE UP! When sorrows like sea billows rolls, DON'T GIVE UP! Though satan should buffet you and your enemies and foes come to eat up your flesh, DON'T GIVE UP! Temptations on every side, DON'T GIVE UP! Though husband or wife can't get right (remember that name from the movie "Life") and your money is funny and super tight, DON'T GIVE UP! Remember "Greater is He who is in you than he that is in the world" (I John 4:4)! It ain't over just because you say it's over....quitting is not an option!

You are already Blessed so be Encouraged,

Love ya,
Paula
© Copyright 5/3/09
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment